Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Peeved Pedestrian

     I believe that Ray Bradbury wrote "Fahrenheit 451" because he was curious of the future. He wrote this novel in an attempt to foreshadow how we approach literature in the future and life in general. Bradbury wrote about "seashells" in his book which are basically earbuds. Considering that these were not invented during Bradbury's time, really shows that he had a rational idea of the future.
     I also think that this book was written to spread the importance of, well, books. In the story when the lady stayed in her house while it was being burned on Elm St., it showed loyalty to her belief. Believing that books serve a purpose; we learn from them. Religion is brought up in the story. Could the novel had been saying that religious views coincide with those beliefs in books? The women died for her beliefs, she is not the only one.

4 comments:

  1. Bro, your blog is amazing! I like your outlook on this. Amazing work(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you wrote and I think this is a good observation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, changed my whole train of thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am Dulce your virtual TA!
    Love your work so far! Keep it up!
    Great analysis!

    ReplyDelete