Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Theme for English 3

     Though I am different from plenty of other people at this school, a lot of us are similar in many ways. The average teacher thinks a high majority of us are the same. Those teachers enter the school year hoping that we get something out of them, to learn from them, instead of them learning from us. Which is why their opinion on their students stays monotonous. I honestly do not know how my teachers see me, but I have a feeling that whoever they see, its not me. But how do we know our self, yourself? On my pursuit of knowledge, my attitude is.. different. This pursuit lasts a lifetime and I approach each subject in a different manor. When I am not focused on one thing, everything becomes a whole; I call it school. I check certain factors before I begin my school day while I am at the quad. Some of them non-academic. "Did I get my book from my locker? Are my good friends here today? Oh hey, it's my crush walking by. Is today the right day to talk to her again?"
     Teachers can't expect to know who we are unless they are in our shoes, good luck trying to fit in them.A good thing about a teacher not being so involved in our lives is that we can focus on other things as well. It won't be a distraction for our learning process in other subjects. Just one reason as to how I become accountable for my knowledge and how I can express that knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment